Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pose for Five: Miss Veronica Bloom

 

 We pose five quick questions to find out a little bit about what makes our finalists tick! 

 

What's your pinup name?
Veronica Bloom

What does your pinup name mean?
Veronica is taken from two sources; firstly from the divine American film actress and pinup, Veronica Lake. She was a femme fatale and known for being confident and assertive. She had long hair, quite uncharacteristic of the mid-century and she used to have it tossed to one side of her face...sensually shielding one of her smoking hot eyes. 

The other source of my name Veronica comes from my favorite spirit, absinthe, a flavorful highly potent alcoholic beverage which inspired some of the greatest artists the world has ever known. ‘Veronica’ is an ingredient, particularly of my favorite blend of absinthe.

And finally, “Bloom” - well, that was inspired from my dear friend Dusk Devi Gold, a model, photographer and contemporary pinup who has always encouraged me, not just to shine but to BLOOM!!!!


Which pinup(s) have influenced your Miss Pinup journey the most?
Aside from the above mentioned pinups that have influenced me on my pinup journey, I have also been inspired by the Italian pinup Monica Bellucci. That gaze. Those curves. Goddess!

Which is your favourite Miss Pinup category and why?
My favourite pinup category has to be the one I represent; Miss VaVaVoom Pinup.

I feel that we are honored to represent beautiful women with curves. Western society typically deems models and pinups to be ultra thin, long and lean. We of this ‘category’ are rubenesque and challenge notions of what a pinup model looks like. The truth is beauty comes in many shapes and sizes. Miss Pinup Australia has to have categories in order to run an event and celebrate all fabulous forms but beauty is more than a size... there is no size that is more “real” than others... we are all “real” in our many varieties.



What makeup item can't you make it through the Miss Pinup Grand Final without?
Eyeliner has to be my pinup essential. I have to have the “Marilyn Monroe” look... her brows were shaped ‘just so’ - quite pointed... and the eyeliner went along the bottom of her eye lid... from about half way or three quarters of her eye, flicking out to the side - giving her that sultry look. It was quite a simple look really and it it can be replicated almost as soon as a pinup wakes from her beauty sleep.

3 comments:

bootybunny said...

oooh we have a drinker! i think we will get along quite well lady

Lady Marmalade said...

hehe me too ;) x

Aloha Creative said...

LOl. You're all to cute!

Post a Comment