Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pose for Five: Miss Elsie Van Elke


We pose for five with Elsie Van Elke, Miss VaVaVoom Pinup Victoria 2011.

What's your pinup name?
Miss Elsie Van Elke

What does your pinup name mean?
I just liked the sound of it mostly! I wanted a ‘vintage’ first name, that could have belonged to a pinup in the 40’s or 50’s. And the last name reminds me of one of my favourite animals!

Which pinup(s) have influenced your Miss Pinup journey the most?
Gorgeous pinup gurus Miss Pixie and Helen McLean have both taught me so much about pinup posing - especially how to make the most of my 'good bits' and find flattering angles; I’ve loved sharing ideas and practicing with dolly dynamo Cheech Sanchez; and the beautiful Catalina Colie has helped me remember not to take myself too seriously!

Which is your favourite Miss Pinup category and why?
To watch, I’d say evening wear – I love all the gorgeous frocks *swoon*! For performing, I like lingerie the best. I get to bring my polar bear Vargas on stage with me, and he’s such a ham!

What makeup item can't you make it through the Miss Pinup Grand Final without?
Red lippie of course! At a guess, I’ll probably re-apply it about 20 times over the course of the evening..! Trying not to think about the trace levels of lead that might be in there according to recent reports <fingers in ears> “la la la la”!!

2 comments:

Lady Marmalade said...

Love you gorgeous lady xx

Miss Kit's Delicious Bits said...

Can't wait to meet you!!
Missie L'Amour! x

Post a Comment