Friday, February 24, 2012

5 Minutes with Ms Katt


Ms Katt, owner of Ms Katt's Kustom House, Miss Pinup Australia judge and sponsor, Barbie fiend and all-round kustom kulture konnoisseur, has been instrumental in bringing the Tasmanian girls to the Miss Pinup Grand Final. We took a little time out from practicing our Grand Final routines to find out what makes Ms Katt purrrrr...

What is your name?
Ms Katt

What do you do?
I make girls look and feel beautiful by providing them with gorgeous clothing, shoes and accessories at my store Ms Katt's Kustom House, in Hobart Tassie.... PLUS I collect Barbie dolls... And shoes!!!

Describe your personal style...
Hmmm, Modern Pinup with a bit of a psycho twist. I like classic cuts with just a lil bit of skull or zombie action!

Who are your 3 biggest pinup influences?
Picking 3 influences is too hard!! I think my influences change with my mood.... Right now.... I just adore Gil Elvgren's work, all the Elvgren girls are gorgeous, perfect pinups- I've just had one of his cowgirls tattooed on my left arm. I am also an enormous fan of modern Pinup girl, Sabina Kelly. She was one of my inspirations when opening my shop, she's just gorgeous and humble and she works really hard, which is something I totally respect. Esther Williams was magnificent, a truly beautiful and talented woman, so she's number three for me! She swam with Tom and Jerry, not to mention she produced the best range of swimwear on the modern market! What's NOT to adore?!

What does Miss Pinup mean to you?
I think it's all about growth, self acceptance and Self confidence. I have watched so many shy, quiet, self conscious girls come out of their shells and turn into beautiful pinups with no fear, it's amazing to see! Any girl who has the courage to enter this competition is gold in my eyes, because they have the guts to do something I'd probably be too scared to do! For someone to get up there, do their thing and gain so much personally, is just awesome to witness.

What's it like being a Miss Pinup judge?
It's an honour! It certainly is a challenge though, meeting all the girls and knowing how sweet and wonderful each one is makes it hard to take off your "friend" hat and put on your "serious judge" hat and judge in an unbiased manner, especially when you know background stories and what some girls have been through and survived... But I think I'm pretty good at it! At the end of the day this IS a competition and someone has to be named the winner!

What makeup item could you not make it through the Miss Pinup final without?
Really, just one?!! You OBVIOUSLY haven't seen my morning regime!! I'm going to have to say my foundation, I know it's my colour... I can borrow the rest from Miss Pixie!!!

What's one piece of advice you would offer competitors in Miss Pinup?
Love yourself, be proud of yourself, don't be nervous and most importantly HAVE FUN!!!

Can you give us a sneaky clue as to what you'll be wearing at the grand final?
I'm a girl that doesn't readily reveal secrets! Let's just say it's big, it's vintage and it's magnificent!!!

Looking for a last minute outfit for the Miss Pinup Grand Final? Ms Katt's Kustom House can help!

1 comments:

Lady Marmalade said...

Ooo i can't wait to see what you are going to be wearing now!! :)

Post a Comment