Thursday, February 23, 2012

5 Minutes with Vintage Bettie


Miss Pinup has some amazing sponsors, supporters and judges including the delicious Lisa Jack, owner of Vintage Bettie (sponsor of the Miss VaVaVoom title at the Miss Pinup Australia Grand Final).
We took 5 minutes out of our Miss Pinup preparation to find out a little bit about Lisa!




What is your name?   
Lisa Jack

What do you do?
I am the owner and operator of Vintage Bettie a Kustom Kulture Clothing and Accessory store in Rockhampton

Describe your personal style...
I would say Rockabilly, but I like adding my own twist, so that I "own" my own look!

Who are your 3 biggest pinup influences?
Marylin Monroe, I'm going to be her when I grow up, Betty Grable and Bettie Page, the 2 Bettie's I named my store after. Betty Grable because she was essentially a good girl and Bettie Page because she's a bit naughty and I would say that is me...

How and when did you get involved with Miss Pinup?
I've been a part of Miss Pinup Australia now for three years. I met Pixie whilst judging a pinup competition, our passion for the pinup lifestyle made us connect and the rest is history. Might I add I am very proud to be a part of this competition which I have watched grow and grow.

What does Miss Pinup mean to you?
Essentially to me it's about what it represents, it doesn't discriminate about age, about size, about who is the prettiest. I love the fact it has important morals and I definitely love what it has done for women and now our guys, you can see and feel the new found confidence they have gained.

What's it like being a Miss Pinup judge?
This is a tough gig, let me tell you! So many beautiful women and handsome men. Even though their has to be a winner, to me they are all winners, to get up on stage like that is difficult. I couldn't do it!

What makeup item could you not make it through the Miss Pinup final without?
My lipstick darling!

What's one piece of advice you would offer competitors in Miss Pinup?
Be yourself and you will have a ball!


Visit the Vintage Bettie website for all your last minute Miss Pinup needs.

1 comments:

Marilyn McSweetie said...

Lisa you are such a wonderful lass! :) xx

Post a Comment